Happy Tuesday friends! Crystal here with my first installment of Christmas in July Series for my Color Combos with Crystal. We will beat the Christmas card making rush by starting in July with some fresh and fun ideas! I am so excited to be sharing this card made with Mourning Dove and sentiment from Joyous Season.
If you have not seen either of these sets yet, you should definitely check it out; I absolutely love the idea of using a non-Christmas image for this!
On my project for this post, I started out with a white background base since I thought this would especially make those gorgeous watercolor washes really stand out.
Let me tell you how I made this:
- I trimmed a white piece of cardstock to be my card base. (I used Neenah 110lb)
- I stamped the sentiment from a Joyous Season using India Ink which is watercolor friendly, (the GIna K Amalgam Ink works too!)
- With clean water, I brushed a wash of water to the cardstock directly.
- I dropped some red watercolor from my Gansai Tambi pallet.
- Repeated the same process from #4 with the green watercolor. Then allow to dry.
- On another piece of cardstock, I stamped that gorgeous dove from the Mourning Dove set with India Ink.
- Hand cut the dove and add a few brushes of severely water-downed brown watercolor. Focus on the upper part of the dove’s body.
- Flicker gold spray or watercolor to the red and green water-colored cardstock
- Adhere dove with foam adhesive
I of course made a video for this card! So please press play and let me know your thoughts! I love seeing your creations on the Unity Show and Tell. Be sure to tag me so I can see it <3
Thank you so much for joining me!