Hi there crafty friend! Crystal here today with a winter inspired Color Combos with Crystal. Today’s project is featuring heat embossing and a fun watercoloring technique using Distress Oxydes. You read that right, the oxydes.
My reasoning for using the Oxydes was because the formula is just sooo rich and I knew that by splattering water to them, it would really intensify the effects.
To make this card you will need two stamps sets. A Joyous Season and Flurry of Flakes.
These two work so well together to make scenes or use them individually.
Now that we have the stamp sets established, let me get you the steps to make this.
- Trim your watercolor cardstock to 4 inches x 5.25 inches.
- Trim the violet cardstock to 4.25 in. x 5.50 inches.
- On a piece of acetate, smoosh the following colors: Distress Oxydes in : Broken China, Wilted Violet, and Faded Jeans.
- With clear embossing ink stamp the trees from A Joyous Season, and Flurry of Flakes. Cover with with embossing powder. Remove the excess and heat set with Heat Gun.
- On a tilted surface, place watercolor cardstock and mat the bottom of the trees Washi Tape.
- Starting at the top, with a wet brush grab a single color of Distress Oxydes and brush left to right. (one direction)
- Repeat step 6 with a different color each time grabbing more color.
- Once the panel had dried, start with bottom of the trees by removing the washi tape.
- Using Iced Spruce, and a smaller brush draw 3-4 s style lines. Then dab water over them to create a snowy background
- To add more texture splatter white gold watercolor over the entire thing.
- Finish by placing the watercolor panel over the violet cardstock.
This would be a great style of Christmas card to re-create and make a bunch of them at the same time, because you could alter steps as you wait to dry.
As always, I have a video of this card. Let me know your thoughts, and please be sure to give the video a thumbs up. YouTube will then know to play more videos like these.
Thanks so much for stopping by and joining me for another color combos with Crystal .