Featured Stamp SetThings Will Work Out I love this kit. I think this might be the first time I’ve inked it up. The feather wreath is my favorite as well as so many of the sentiments.
Assemble This! VideoI’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on YouTube.
The DetailsYou might notice this color combo is similar to my previous Sentiment Saturday post. That’s because I loved it so much, I had to use it again but for a thinking of you card instead of a Christmas card. It was too lovely not to do so. There is something so classic and lovely about red, white and gold. Those stars are actually raised up on the card, just a little. They are slightly thick and create such an amazing dimension and texture to the card. They really just pop against the red cardstock. It is so easy to recreate, just takes the perfect medium and a little time.
The StepsHere are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″) card.
- Die cut a piece of red cardstock and tape down to work surface with painters tape (or a cardstock friendly tape that won’t rip it).
- Align star stencil on top and tape down to work surface.
- Using a spatula or putty knife, pick up some of the light modeling paste and spread over the top of the stencil. Use light layers and make sure each of the stencil holes are filled completely and evenly.
- Immediately remove stencil in a slow and steady motion as to not disturb the shape of the stars and let the modeling paste dry completely. At least 5 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Adhere the star background panel to your card front with foam adhesive.
- Stamp feather wreath with heart in the center on vellum with Versamark ink and then emboss with gold embossing powder. Die cut out with a circle die cut. Pop up on card with foam adhesive.
- Stamp sentiment on white cardstock with Versamark ink and emboss with gold embossing powder. Trim down to a rectangle and adhere to card front with foam adhesive.
- Glue gold sequins to card with Glossy Accents or any strong liquid adhesive.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you.