Happy New Year! We are kicking off 2019 with a colorful bang for this Color Combos with Crystal. Today’s color selections are light purple, dark purple, Red or Dark Pink & a light blue.
Watercoloring can seem so intimidating at times, and I wanted to use 4 colors to layer over each other to create a very deep and bright flower.
The matching cardstock selections really make the flowers from I am with You pop and stand out.
To make this card:
- Trim watercolor cardstock, purple cardstock and blue.
- Stamp the watercolor paper with the sentiment from I am with You in black watercolor friendly ink.
- Stamp the flowers from I am with you in the same ink as #3.
- Begin with a light wash of purple over the entire card.
- Allow time to dry in between layers.
- Layer on a wash of blue. starting at the bottom tip of the floral and bring the brush up.
- With the pink, repeat step 6.
- Once we have achieved the level of color and layers, we will place the strop of blue behind the watercolor panel and add foam.
- Place this over the purple cardstock, then add the whole thing to a card base.
Watercoloring can be a tad difficult to explain, so please do check out my tutorial video on the whole layering process.