Hello, Lisa here…
I’m watercoloring today. The easy way with spray inks. The technique is easy and the results are stunning. It is the perfect background for Unity Stamp Company sentiment kits.
Featured Stamp Set
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on YouTube.
I absolutely love the look of a watercolored background. What I love even more is using spray inks to get that look. You just spray on ink, add water and dry. Repeat the process as many times as you like to get the look you love.
I start out with a large size of watercolor paper so I can cut it down and use it for multiple cards. Another great time saver. You could also do a smaller sheet or just one piece to fit your card. All are acceptable and perfect to do.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″) white card.
- Place a sheet of watercolor paper on a protected surface (the inks spray wildly). Starting with your first color, spray it in a random pattern. Add another pattern of your second color and repeat with the third color.
- Next, fully saturate the paper with water from a spray bottle. You want to make sure all the ink gets wet and starts to move and mix on its own. Dry with a heat tool. Repeat the process until you get a look you love. If you get a lot of ink pooling, just dab it with a paper towel.
- Set the background aside for 10-20 minutes to make sure it dries completely. Then cut it up to the size you need for your project.
- Stamp the flower image onto the watercolor paper.
- Mat the strip of watercolored paper on black cardstock. Glue to the front of the card.
- Stamp sentiment on a strip of black cardstock in Versamark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Pop up on the card front with foam adhesive.
- Add black Nuvo Drops and let dry completely before handling card.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale EVERY Thursday to Monday Midnight. Check the website for details & freebies. If these stamps are not on sale they most likely are to be soon.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you.