Have you seen the new kits at Unity Stamp Company? They are super duper cute. Plus, they match so well with the sentiment kits. I’m playing with the new cute hedgehog & bunny for a fun birthday card with an easy cloud background today.
Featured Stamp Set
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on YouTube.
I just want to squeal when I look at these darling little animals. First, they are darn cute. Second, they are holding onto a bunch of balloons… and floating in the air. What? You couldn’t get cuter than that. But wait, yes you could. They are wearing polka dot clothing. POLKA dots. I tell ya, I about died from the cuteness.
I watercolored the images with Distress Markers and then created the cloud background with Distress Inks and a cloud stencil. You could create your own stencil or use the same one I did. I’ve done both and they work equally as well. You can watch my process in the video. I share a few tips as I go along as well.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 kraft card (4.25″ x 5.5″) card.
- Die cut patterned paper with scalloped rectangle and glue to the card front.
- Stamp image onto watercolor paper with watercolor safe ink. Use Distress Markers to color in the image. Die cut into a rectangle to fit inside scalloped patterned paper rectangle.
- Use the cloud stencil to create a background. Using a make-up brush, blend on two different colored Distress inks using the stencil. Start at the bottom and work your way up to the top.
- Tie some string around the center of the panel with a bow and then pop up the watercolored panel with foam adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment on a strip of kraft cardstock, trim down and notch out the end into a banner. Pop up on the card front with foam adhesive.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.