Happy Thursday, friends!
Bobbie Sue, here. I am so excited to bring you the month of May challenge!
We are all huge fans of the Angie Girls and Planner Girls. However, I want you to create something with your favorite girl stamp! Any female image by Unity. 🙂
The headshot from the August 2016 Kit of the Month called “Open your Soul” is my all time favorite woman image.
You may recall last year I did a card series called “She Believed“. This is a continuation of that series. If you do not recall, I encourage you to follow this link to see the original cards in the series and to read the emotions experienced while creating them. The meaning behind creating them is still very dear to my heart and I know it will touch yours, as well. 🙂
The card measures 3 3/4 x 9 1/8 and fits in a #10 (4 1/8 x 9 1/2) envelope.
The card below is ONE of my all time favorite Angie Girls. It is not easy picking a favorite!
The tags below are made with the line of Planner Gals. I also did a series with these in January called Beautifully Made. Follow this link to see the original ones I created. I encourage you to follow the planner gals link I provided if you are unfamiliar with the them. You will fall in love with this line!
I love the classy simplicity of these tags.
(The back of the tags)
Here are the tag details:
- I stamped the images on Canson XL watercolor paper using VersaFine ink in Fallen Leaves.
- Next, I colored the images using Altenews Watercolors. This is my favorite watercolor set. The pigments are beautifully vibrant and move easily on watercolor paper.
- My intent was to create ATC’s so the papers were all cut to 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 as. I changed my mind and the size worked perfectly for the tags.
- The sentiment is from a Tierra Jackson set called Unique and is heat embossed onto vellum. To flatten, I put them under a heavy object and moved on to the next step.
- Using my paper trimmer, I cut tags from a heavy white cardstock and coordinating DSP.
- The verse from the set God’s Sight is stamped on the back of each white tag . (see photo for example)
- I picked out coordinating ribbons for both the DSP and colored image. Wrapping one ribbon around the DSP and tying a small matching peace to one side. (see photo)
- Once my vellum flattened I wrapped it around the top and bottom of the DSP. Adhering to the back with scotch tape.
- Then, I glued the DSP tag to the white tag.
- Lastly, I attached the ATC with foam tape and tied ribbons through the tag hole.
If you’ve not used VersaFine’s Clair inks; I encourage you to at least try the black (Nocturne) Here is the link on Unity’s website. The cost through Unity is comparable to what you will find anywhere else. They are amazingly juicy inks that you can watercolor with!
The only requirement is that you use a girl stamp from Unity! That’s it! Just have fun with it! To enter your make in the challenge; go to the Unity Show & Tell page and in the albums section search for this challenge. You will post your picture there. 😉
I can not wait to see what you all create!
Unity is making your participation even more rewarding by offering a prize for each challenge! Each week you have a chance to win some fantastic Unity stamps! Pop on over to my blog for an extra chance at winning a $25 Unity gift certificate and to see last months winner! www.two38creations.com
Have fun creating!
I invite you to join me again next Thursday for a mini challenge as we use our favorite stamps to creating something that is sure to compliment someone!
Until then, friends~