Sentiment Saturday with Lisa…
Today, I’m doing a little die cutting, a little watercoloring and using the Unity Stamp Company sentiment kit called Sometimes I Wonder.
Featured Stamp Set
Sometimes I Wonder I just adore all the whimsical images in this set. The bouquet of flowers and that birdie just have a fun and happy feel. There are so many sentiments in this kit from a general hello to some funny little ones that make me snicker. I’m using Arteza watercolor brush pens today and some fun die cuts.
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on YouTube.
How darling are these little cards? The frames just add a little something to the design to make it extra special. As you know, I’m a clean and simple gal. But I’m always looking for that extra something to take the design up to the next level. When you find that element, it just all comes together. For me, it was the die cut frames around the vase of flowers from Sometimes I Wonder. It created the perfect highlight for the image. I watercolored the vase of flowers with Arteza Watercolor Brush Pens. I’m reaching for these more and more. I have some tips on how these pens work in the video above. They take practice and are a bit sensitive. They really are a great price which makes them worth it in the end.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″) card covered in gray cardstock.
- Die cut a scalloped rectangle of watercolor paper and place in MISTI. Stamp your image and sentiments using Gina K Amalgam Ink (which is watercolor and Copic friendly) onto the front of the watercolor panel.
- Color image using Arteza Watercolor Brush Pens. Let dry and then glue to the card front.
- Die cut 2 frames from patterned paper using rectangle die cuts. Pop up over the watercolored image using foam adhesive.
- Tie a little bow using twine and glue to the side of the frame.
- Add a bit of shine using a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to the vase and flowers.
- Call the card done and give it to someone you like or love.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you.