Hi there! Today on color combos with Crystal, I have a very sweet color combo that is perfect to be paired with vellum. For this Color Combo we are using two shades in pink, blue and green. The technique? We are doing a twist on a Peek A Boo Card by doing a vellum window and solid stamping.
You see when you close the card the full flower shows up! The stamp set we are using is the Happy Moments stamp set for both the flowers and the sentiment. For this project you will need the afformentioned stamp set, cardstock, vellum, markers and white embossing powder.
- On a set card base, die-cut a circle on the right corner of the card.
- Add vellum piece to the inner part of the die-cut so the circle is revealed on the outer part.
- In the inside of the card, within the circle area, in black ink. Stamp the flowers from HAPPY MOMENTS.
- Close the card and using the black stamping, heat emboss in clear embossing powder the stamp set of flowers.
- On the clear heat embossed use Alcohol Markers to color the flowers and foiliage.
- Stamp sentiment in red ink on white cardstock. Trim and place with foam adhesive.
- Create a pattern of the same colors onto a thin piece of cardstock and cut to look like a ribbon.
- Embellish with white sequins.
I felt like this card was SO fun and easy to make. A different technique, yet it was so bright. The vellum really gave it that clean and simple look.
I do have a video for you with a full tutorial and step by step instruction.
Thanks so much for stopping by!