I’m so excited to move on from holiday cards. I love getting back to birthdays, thank-yous and just because themes. I’m bringing out a bit of beauty this month with the Patience with Yourself August 2019 sentiment kit. It is so lovely. The girl is stunning and the sentiments in the set are so empathetic and supportive. It is definitely a must-have Unity Stamp Company sentiment set. It is also a great theme to start the new year with. Have patience with yourself this year as you grow and embrace all this year has to offer.
Featured Stamp Set
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made.
I love all the glitter and shine on this card. The patterned paper had these amazing gold polka dots and I wanted to keep that shine going throughout the entire card.
I stamped the beautiful girl and sentiment in Versarmark ink and then embossed in gold embossing powder. It just pops off the page and shines. I added a bit of shading using a Copic marker and then finished it all off with some sequins.
Life is precious… just like gold. You need to remember how precious your life is and you need to have patience with yourself as you face major life events. Life is not easy and something you can do is to send someone support as they are struggling through something hard. This is a great stamp set to send someone support and love when they need it. And a great reminder for yourself as well. Hugs for a beautiful 2020.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″) card covered in the patterned paper.
- Die-cut a stitched scalloped rectangle from kraft cardstock.
- Stamp girl and sentiment onto kraft paper with Versamark ink and then heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Wrap string around card and tie into a bow. Add foam adhesive to the kraft panel and pop up on the card. Trim right side with scissors.
- Add shading with a Copic marker – I used E00.
- Glue on sequins with Glossy accents.
- Tilt that card back and forth and admire all that beautiful gold shine. I just love how she shines.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see it. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.