Happy Friday Unies!
I hope you had a great week and have plans for relaxation this weekend.
Maybe some crafting as well? And have you seen the new red rubber releases???
What do you think of those pretty dragonflies??
I am going back to work at the hospital on Monday and I wanted to make a card for my coworker who is near and dear to my heart. I want her to know that I missed seeing her and that I am in serious need of adult conversation!
Here is what I did:
This is still a traditional top folding card with a place for a stamped sentiment inside, but with the vellum, it creates an illusion of just having two layers.
The three stamps I am using today are:
- Hope and Strength
- the sentiment is from Whispy Prairie
- Botanical Background for that floral background
- Versamark Watermark stamp pad
- WOW Metallic Gold Rich Super Fine embossing powder
- Distress Oxides Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn
- Smooth Bristol A2 sized card stock
- Top folding A2 landscape orientation card
- Vellum (5 1/2″ x 5″)
- Stamp and cut out two dragonflies, I used my Scan ‘N Cut to save time.
- Color these ( I used Copics) and set aside.
- Next, cover the Bristol Smooth paper (or any paper that will blend well with distress oxides) with variations of Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn- This will give the page some depth/light interest.
- Place your colored paper in the Misti and use your antistatic tool all over the paper.
- Stamp the Botanical Background with Versamark and apply the Gold Embossing powder all over.
- Heat set this and adhere to the front of the top folding landscape card.
- Measure your vellum over the embossed area/card so that you have a “lip” on the back of the card of about 3/4″.
- Position the dragonflies in such a way that there is a spot for a sentiment on the left side of the vellum.
- Place the sentiment in the Misti over the vellum, use antistatic powder, and stamp with Versamark.
- Heat emboss with the same gold embossing powder. I used double-sided tape to secure the vellum to the back of the card.
Finish the card with applying dimensional foam squares to the back of the “front” dragonfly and regular double-sided tape for the inside dragonfly.
Now you have two dragonflies looking for one another in a garden!
At least that’s what happened in my mind! Please let me know if you have any questions!!!
Have a great weekend!