Welcome back to a new week of our Summer Lovin’ Challenge! When I’m not spending my days on the boardwalk I’m hanging out at my second favorite location- my deck! I am a sun worshipper (don’t forget sunscreen!) and there’s nothing I’d rather be doing than sitting outside with good friends and a few cold drinks. Normally, there’s sweet tea in my glass but every now and then I’ll enjoy something a bit “fancier” with the gals. I think the stamp kit “I Like It Dirty” is such a super fun kit to ink up to make witty cards to send to friends.
How I created this card:
- I started off with my cardstock base cut at 4 ¼ x 5 ½. I then cut a piece of white cardstock for my mat at 4 x 5 ¼.
- Using some random circle stamps sitting in a drawer , I thought that they would make a PERFECT background for this image. What do you think? I stamped the larger circle in olive ink and the smaller circle in red ink.
- I then splattered some olive ink for texture.
- The mat was adhered onto my cardstock base and a strip of pattern paper was cut at 2 x 4 and adhered to my mat as shown.
- I stamped the martini glass in Versafine Clair ink and heat set with my embossing gun.
- The image was colored with Arteza brush markers and die cut with a stitched circle die cut. I adhered the circle slightly off the base of the card and trimmed the edge.
- The sentiment was stamped on white cardstock and popped up with foam adhesive.
And there you have it! This is a card you could make in less time than you could a dirty martini!
Now it’s your turn to pour yourself something refreshing to drink and get crafty!
Don’t forget to upload your works of art into the Summer Lovin’ Challenge Album over at Unity Show & Tell so we can all see what you’ve created!
Have an “ink”redible week and I’ll see you back here next Thursday for yet another summer themed project!