I am SO excited to be spending the next 3 months getting inky with all of you! I have been papercrafting for over 20 years now and I am an absolute lover (and hoarder..) of pretty patterned paper! I hope during the next three months that I can inkspire you all in the upcoming challenges to cut and chop (gasp!) all of that beautiful paper that you have been holding on to!
As a side about me, I’m happily married to my hubby of 4 years and I’m a proud mom of a typical teenager.. so as you can imagine, stamping is my therapy! I currently live on the East Coast and in addition to paper crafting I also have a fondness for quilting, writing and reading (preferably non-fiction).
Who’s ready to get started? It’s July which is my FAVORITE time of the year- summer! To celebrate my love for the season- this month’s challenge is all about summer! I am challenging you to make projects using images (or colors!) that incorporates one of THE best seasons ( in my humble opinion) of the year! It can be a project that portrays a sweet summer memory of yours or it could simply be a work of art that shows off anything with a “summer” flair! Just have fun and use your imagination!
Where I live, I can get to the beach in about an hour and a half. So naturally, I have spent countless days (and nights) with my toes in the sand! I’m starting off this month’s challenge with a card that sums up what I LOVE about the shore – the sun, the sand and the waves. All of which truly does restore my soul!
For this card I used the stamp kit “Beach Girl” which is a beautiful summer kit to have on hand.
A closer look:
Here’s how I created this card:
- I started off with my card stock base cut at 4 x 5 ¼. I die cut a piece of white cardstock using a rectangle scallop die. Using a sun ray stencil I then blended squeezed lemonade and fossilized amber oxide ink for the rays. Next I ink blended salty ocean oxide ink and used a textured stamp to make ripples in the water. Although it’s hard to see, for the sand, I took and ink blended mustard seed oxide ink and used a textured stamp to add dimension in frayed burlap oxide ink.
- I stamped the beach girl image using Versafine Claire ink on Canson watercolor paper and heat set it with my embossing gun. I colored her with Arteza Brush pens and then fussy cut her out once the paper was dry.
- The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with detail white embossing powder.
- I wrapped some twine around the stamped image (as shown) and adhered to the cardstock mat. I popped the beach girl up with foam adhesive and attached the sentiment.
- I had a cute little seashell sequin so I just added that to the bottom corner for an accent.
Now that I shared a sweet summer memory of mine- it’s your turn to show me some summer lovin’!
This challenge will run the entire month of July! Now, don’t forget to upload your creations to the Summer Lovin’ Challenge Album over at Unity Show & Tell! I can’t wait to see what you all create!
Have yourself an “ink”redible week and I’ll see you back here next Thursday with another Summer Lovin’ project!