Welcome back! I’m so excited to share another slimline card with you this week! Getting slim can be addicting right? I just love all the ideas I’m seeing!
Today I’m sharing a card using the “Shimmer and Shine” stamp kit. If you don’t have this kit- you will want to add it to your wish list (or cart!) right now! The sunflowers are HUGE which makes it perfect for this type of layout. The sentiments that come in this kit are absolutely beautiful as well. This may very well be one of my (many) favorites!
Let’s find out how I made this card :
- I started off cutting my mat with a slimline stitched die cut ( 8 1/2x 3 ½)
- The Canson watercolor paper was then cut with a smaller slimline stitched die. (if you don’t have slimline dies just cut this mat ¼ inch smaller than your base)
- I then inked up the sunflowers with archival ink and heat set the images
- Once dried, I used watercolor paint to color in the sunflowers as shown.
- While the flowers were drying, I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and coated it with white embossing powder & then heat set the image
- Using the texture stamp from Colorful Day and a mustard colored ink pad from Gina K, I then added some random “splatters”
- Using foam adhesive the sentiment was mounted as shown
- A few dark sequins were scattered for some extra bling.
- For added texture I used Nuvo drops for the middle of the sunflower.
And there you have it friends! Another slimline card in our collection! Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to share your beautiful projects with us over at the Unity Show & Tell Facebook page so that we call all see how slim you’re getting !
See you next Thursday and have an ‘ink’redible week!
April Sarandrea xo