Welcome back friends!
I’m so excited to see you all “slimming” down on your cardmaking! Who knew how fun it would be right?
Today I’m sharing a slimline card I made using the stamp kit called “ Blooming Peonies”. Not only is this stamp set gorgeous it’s absolutely HUGE! I’m going to be honest, I STRUGGLE coloring flowers so I didn’t want to take the time to color this entire image. So I went with the easiest way to use this stamp (but also make it impactful). What did I decide to do ? Well, I embossed it! No stress and only a little mess!
Here’s the card I made :
And this is how I made it :
- I used a scalloped slim line die cut for my mat. My mat is 8 ½ x 3 ½ inches.
- Using a slightly smaller stitched slimline die I cut my mat from white smooth cardstock. (if you don’t have slim line dies you just simply cut your mat ¼ inch smaller than base!)
- I inked the stamp with Versamark ink and strategically placed it on my white cardstock so that I could leave space at the bottom for my sentiment
- After stamping the image, I then coated the Versamark with detailed white embossing powder and heat embossed the image
- Then I got inky! Using distress oxide ink in mowed lawn, worn lipstick and fossilized amber and a blending brush I inked up my image as shown.
- I then embossed the image onto black cardstock with the same detailed white embossing powder and heat set
- I randomly tore the cardstock as shown in the image and glued this to my card then I added a few Nuvo drops to accent. Voila!
Here’s a closer look:
Easy peasy ! Now it’s your turn to slim on down… and show us all what you come up with!
Be sure to add your projects to the Let’s Get Slim challenge album over at the Unity Show &Tell Facebook Group page!
I’ll see you back here next week – Lookin’ all slim !
April Sarandrea xo