I’m super excited to be back with you all for another month long challenge! You’re going to love the challenge I have for you this month! We’re all going to get slim! Yep, you got it! But don’t worry, you don’t have to give up chocolate or pizza to get slim with me! I’m challenging you to “get slim” with your cardmaking!
Slim line cards have become pretty popular lately in cardmaking and it’s a great alternative to the traditional size cards we are all used to. It’s always good to change things up a bit and challenge ourselves! That’s exactly what we’re doing this month!
There are several dimensions available you can use. The size I worked with for this challenge was an 8 1/2x 7 piece of cardstock for my base which I folded in half. This will make the card 8 1/2x 3 ½ in size. This size card will fit into a standard business #10 size envelope!
This week I’m starting off with this beautiful card using the stamp kit called “ Just Because”. And this is how I created the card below :
- I started off using a slim line stitched rectangle cutting out my black mat at 8 ½ x 3 ½
- I then used another, slightly smaller, stitched slim line die and cut out a piece of Canson Watercolor paper. (If you don’t have slim line dies, just cut your next smaller mat size ¼” smaller than your mat base)
- I stamped the flowers in Archival ink and heat set to dry.
- Once dry I used watercolor paint to paint the flowers.
- While the flowers were drying I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder onto black cardstock and cut the sentiment out using dies.
- Once the flowers were dried, I used a splatter stamp found in the Colorful Day kit and stamped off using Gina K ink in the color Slate
- I adhered the sentiment using foam adhesive and then added a bit of pixie dust to the flowers and Nuvo drops to accent
See how easy it is to get slim? Now it’s your turn friends! So grab yourself a piece of chocolate and let’s whip up some slim line cards!
Be sure to add your cards to the Let’s Get Slim challenge album over at Unity Show & Tell Facebook Group so we can all see you’re beautiful creations!
See you all next Thursday and have an “ink”redible week!