Happy Friday! I hope you’ve all had a great week and are excited for a nice weekend. This is Jules of Paper Gems by Jules and I’m super excited to share something I just happened to try. This year, I’ve committed to make use of supplies that haven’t been getting much love. For this blog, I’m sharing my rediscovery of a gel press!
What is a gel press? It’s kind of weird, but it’s a solid gel like material that is non-porous. So you can apply ink to it and it will not absorb it. You can use it to apply unique images on your card stock, junk journal or mix media project. It’s pretty cool! Here’s a list of the Unity stamps I used:
- Heart Swirl Background Stamp
- Floral Tapestry Background Stamp
- January 2021: Kit of the Month – Made to Be Happy
- We Belong Here
- Like a Lotus
There are three different techniques I used in the video below.
- Stamping on the gel press and print the reverse.
- Stamping with the stamp after getting ink from the gel press.
- Impressing ink onto card stock directly from gel press.
Check out the YouTube video showing you how I used those great stamps and a gel press to make these three cards and several background stamps.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I’d love to see how you use some of those supplies that have been waiting to be loved!
Until next time… Happy Crafting!