Good morning! I’m back today for the weekly Monday feature for me here on the Unity Stamp Company Blog! So happy to be featuring the AMAZING Unity Kit of the Month set on Mondays here on the blog. These kits are always AMAZING, and they hold a special place in my heart since they were the first thing I purchased from Unity, and what got me hooked on Unity to begin with. Who DOESN’T love getting a happy package of stamps in the mail every month, right? And these kits just keep getting better and better. You can read all the details and info to sign up HERE, and see this month’s kit as well.
Today I’m sharing a trio of sympathy cards that feature a super easy triple stamping technique! I inked up my stamp one time, and without re-inking, I was able to get all 3 of these slightly different images! Keep reading while I explain how. 🙂
First of all, you will want to use a dye ink that is water reactive for this technique. I used Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks – but I imagine Distress inks would work very well also. For this first card, I simply inked up the image with two colors of ink, slightly overlapping them so that the flowers were one color, and the greenery was a different color. I then stamped the image directly onto white cardstock.
Once I had stamped that image, I looked at my stamp and realized there was still quite a bit of ink remaining. Instead of cleaning off the stamp, I misted it lightly with water, then stamped again on a clean sheet of white cardstock – not even watercolor paper, just the same white cardstock. I loved the soft feel to this image – more watercolor in feel, and slightly less detailed, but so pretty!
Once again, I got ready to clean my stamp off, then realized there was still some water and ink on it. I figured, why not? So I stamped again! And this time it was such a fun mix of the soft watercolor feel, but with more of the detail back in, probably due to the lower amount of moisture on the image. I love the soft dreamy look this one had!
I added sentiments from the kit to each card. I tried initially to stamp the sentiment directly over the image on the first card, but it kind of got lost in the deep colors of the florals. I saved it by stamping the same sentiment on a bit of white cardstock, trimming it to fit, and then popping it over the top with foam adhesive. The other sentiments were nice and easy to see over the image.
Finally, I made some card bases with coordinating cardstock, and since it felt a bit too stark a difference between the two panels, I added a thin mat of vellum under the floral panels. This set them off nicely from the solid cardstock. And to finish off, a few sparkly clear sequins finish these off!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope to see you back here next week – have a wonderful week!