Happy Friday crafty friends! This is Julissa of Paper Gems by Jules sharing a simple card filled with love and gratitude featuring the Winnie the Pooh “A Splendid Place” stamp set. Sometimes you just don’t have time or don’t have the creative mojo to color a detailed stamp… but here’s a way to add color in a jiffy.
If you’re looking to mass produce some cards but don’t want to miss out on all the details, this is a great one to try in steps.
- Stamp this beautiful image on ivory (or white) card stock using brown ink. I used Ranger Archival Ink in Coffee.
- Using your largest stitched circle from the Scallops & Circles die set, I die cut the image making sure keep Pooh somewhat centered, and not cutting out piglets scarf.
- Using the same color card stock that you stamped Pooh on, now stamp the Buffalo Check background in one of the two colors you’d like to use. I chose Gina K Designs Fresh Asparagus and Cherry Red inks. I made one of each and you’ll see why in a minute.
- Die cut the Buffalo Check background using the largest of the Scallops and Stitched Rectangles die set.
- For another fun layer, using the same color card stock, die cut the largest scalloped rectangle.
- Now let’s color these really fast… using an olive type color that may be a close match to your green, color Piglet’s scarf. Using a red that comes close to the Cherry Red in the background, color in Pooh’s scarf…. and that’s all for coloring!
- Now, let’s assemble this card. Start with wrapping some burlap string around the center of the plaid background. I happened to have red and the green burlap string and did opposite colors for these. I ended up using a brassy button that I found in my stash, but a simple bow would work just as well.
- Now, because the circle is just as wide as the plaid background, I use the same stitched rectangle to trim the edge of the circle to have it on the right hand. You’ll then line up circle edge to the rectangle and using foam tape, adhere to the buffalo background.
- Because of the burlap string behind the Buffalo Plaid background, I used more foam tape behind it to adhere to the scalloped layer.
- And then finally, add those layers to the card base… and you’ve made a splendid card!
I love the sweet sentiments in this stamp set, but decided to just one on the inside of these cards because I just wanted the front to look simple and let the image be the focal point. I hope you like both version and find some inspiration.
List of Unity Products Used:
- Winnie the Pooh: A Splendid Place Stamp Set
- Buffalo Check Background Stamp
- Scallops & Stitched Rectangles Nesting Dies
- Scallops & Circles Nesting Dies
- Red Burlap String
- Green Burlap String
- Gina K Designs Cherry Red ink
- Gina K Designs Fresh Asparagus ink
Make sure to check out all of the fun new stamps and products at Unity Stamp Co. released for Brown Thursday… and make sure to send a note to the Unity Team when placing your order!
Thanks again for stopping by and happy crafting!